The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Is this really a Poor Man's Heuer?

Hi all

Not many posts here, but I've found the forum a wealth of information and have a question I'm hoping someone can help with! I'm watching a nice looking Titus chromo on ebay, very similar to a 60s Heuer Carrera. It has a Landeron movement. The seller says it is a 'Poor Man's Carrera' made by Heuer for Titus. Titus is not one of the brands I've seen in the various resources as 'Poor Man's Heuers' and I thought the Heuer watches from that period all used Valjoux movements but I'm no expert - did Heuer manufacture watches for Titus? The watch is currently at a low bid and I'm probably going to bid anyway, but just wondered if anyone could offer a bit more information than I currently have.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers
Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE