The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Siffert from Pawn Stars Pics Up Close - Before Cleaning

Hi Guys,

Some of you asked me to post some pics of the Siffert that I purchased from Pawn Stars. The bracelet that it came with was no original, but an aftermarket, and I have since purchased one, and waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, I took some pics, and I have scheduled an appointment with Craig @ Chronodeco to provide some TLC to it. Overall, it seems to be in good shape, and from the work that I have seen that Craig does, I am sure it will come back looking amazing!

I did have some questions for the community regarding how far to take it. After you take a look at some of these pics, I would love to get some feedback on what I should have Craig do to add value and not turn off a collector. You might only suggest that I get some of the scratches removed, but you might suggest more detailed work. I would like to hear people's opinions. Since I am an amateur, I do appreciate the feedback. I am unable to open the case, since I have no tools, nor do I want to possibly "break" anything trying. So hopefully, we can get a before and after pics from Craig, once he starts working on it.

I promise to do an update after Craig gets the work done. I hope you enjoy.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE