The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It's in good hands

Carlo,
I'm a Craig believer and know you will be pleased with his work on your Siffert. I am no expert, so you may get conflicting advice from others with more knowledge and experience (in which case I will bow to the experts).

It is my opinion that the hour markers are missing their lume dots and I would have Craig replace those with a color that matches that of the hands (which may have been re-lumed already - the lume looks fairly fresh). You can see my Chronomatic Siffert below yours in this post. You'll see the lume dots. Also, this picture is right after I got it back from Craig. I didn't want too risk any changes to the hands or dial so he only did a mild cleaning. Yours doesn't have near the wabi mine does on the hands or dial so he may not even need to clean these.

He used a non-original crystal on mine and the profile is a little off (original crystals are not to be found, and if he has one, he better hold it for me :-) ). At least you can see that his replacement crystal does look pretty good and is functionally fine. ignore my bezel - it survived a motorcycle crash but when it snagged the pavement, it broke my friend's arm!

Good luck to you on your project. Lots of us are interested to see you pleased with the finished product.
Mike

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE