The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
making my life easy.

Tell me about it, Mark :)
he did give me several outs by suggesting more current watches that he loves, but I know what he really wants, and weddings only happen once.

I'm curious Mark (et al), I am creeping closer to taking a leap and buying Amran's beautiful chrono.. does anyone know if this one would have radium on the dial? I've heard differing opinions from a few people - shoutout and thanks to Craig from ChronoDeco and Eric Wind of Hodinkee for their expert opinions. When did Heuer stop using radium? Or would certain models have it and others not?
Thanks all!

: The blue highlights are down to it being a perpetual calendar,
: which those other two aren't.

: Perpetual calendars were a long running line for Heuer, but they
: were often making detail changes to the design. Nothing screams
: out incorrect about Amran's example; not many other companies
: were making triple calendars at the time, but we do sometimes
: see a name change on the dial to add value. This one looks like
: Heuer to me.

: Your partner has good taste, but he hasn't made your life easy - we
: know so much more about the watches from the 60s and 70s :) I'd
: put this one around the decade change from 40s to 50s.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE