The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Pre-Carrera??

I've stumbled upon what appears to be a Pre-Carrera (for lack of a better term) in a store. I'm quite smitten with the looks and research led me here. I haven't seen any pics of one quite like it (SS, black face, lumed Arabic numerals, 2x sub registers, round pushers, no bezel), but I saw one or two similar with 3 sub registers. Anything I should look for with regards to authenticity? The crown does not have a logo- should I assume it is an aftermarket replacement? I'm newer to the vintage watch market, though have been watching from the sidelines for a few years.
Thanks for any advice.

A10ACN

Messages In This Thread

Pre-Carrera??
Re: Pre-Carrera??
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE