The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Siffert affaire: my personal point of wiew...
In Response To: Siffert or not to Siffert ()

I would say mine. To all those who hope to bring home a Euro 3000 Siffert I can say that they have missed the boat 6 years ago . Talking to a friend forum user , we assumed a production of 2000-2500 Autavia Siffert in 2 years or so : how many are left around in good condition? The answer is not enough to hope that the supply curve may have a variation , mainly due to a growing demand cross : the Siffert like to motorsport fans , collectors of vintage watches. collector of vintage cars at all ... Worse Orange Boy, known in twenty specimens . 10 years ago Heuer liked a handful of people . Today, thanks to the OTD , the fans and the prices have gone up as well.
There is little you can do : try to go to Monaco , Parma ... you will find hundreds of sub Rolex , Daytona , GMT ... real , fake ... falling prices due to offer thousands and thousands of pieces. But you will never find a Siffert , because there are none . And the price makes him who sells it .
I refused to buy other Heuer : the game has become too expensive for my taste . I brought home a bit of Zenith El Primero , those produced between 1969 and 1972 . But others saw how beautiful these watches and , even there , there is nothing more reasonable price: A386 gone over 6500 Euros in 1 year!
Guys, we were the pioneers, but now the game is out of hand there . If prices were to fall , I will be happy to restart to buy Autavias, Monacos or others. But I'm not so optimistic: too few watches to hope another collapse in "omegamania" style.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE