The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Monnin - brought back to life.

I'd been searching for the right Monnin diver for more than a year. I knew the configuration I wanted was an automatic, Made in France, with the cathedral hour hand. Such a watch popped up on the Bay a couple of months back. It was in rough shape. But I took a gamble.

When the watch arrived, not only did it look destroyed, but it didn't run. You could barely set the hands because the stem had been so worn down. The bezel wouldn't turn because so much dirt and grime had accumulated underneath it. Here's a look at it, as posted in the auction:

I sent the watch off to England. The movement was serviced. The case was extensively cleaned. A new crystal and stem were installed. The hands were re-lumed to match the PERFECT dial. Here is what I received in the mail today:

A HUGE thank you to James Hyman for his work on this. I'm not a gambler, but sometimes it pays to take a chance. Cheers all.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE