The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Congratulations !
In Response To: Congratulations ! ()

Ciao Laurent,

thank you for your nice contribution, you always have so kind words for me even if we never met and we never have a deal (even if we tried with your Skipper, never say never)...

You are right, both the 11630 GMT are so beautiful (all the Heuer GMT are so beautiful to be honest, manual or automatic ones), this one probably is a bit less common... so colorful, can like a lot or dislike a lot, for sure you cannot be "nonchalant"...

Wonderful macro ;-)

So this is the 2nd watch I own that was yours (the 2nd one I will tell you privately), and I'm happy because your ones are always at the top...

For the bracelet, is quite difficult to find a good one, prices have raised a lot, maybe sooner or later I will stumble upon one at an honest price... this watch is so colorful that probably a simple black simil-Corfam strap is the right choice (in the images it is an Abel's one I had in the drawer...).

All my best.

Gianluca

: Ciao Gianluca,

: Congratulations for this new entry. Although "panda dial"
: executions seem to be often preferred, these grey dial have a
: lot of charm and I would tend to think I've crossed less of
: these over the years.
: The grey/orange combination is an eye catching color combo that
: fully pays tribute to the Heuer glory.
: I know that one very well, it is a very nice one, it inspired me
: this macro which is one of my absolute favorite

:

: We've also made a try with the bracelet with Jerome, it could be a
: nice and fun potential improvement if you like it

:

: As it comes to the smooth and happy deal you mention, the only
: thing I could say is 2 gentlemen met each others, the way is
: always should be.

: Enjoy this beauty !

: Best,

: Laurent

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE