The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: WTF happened to the hands?
In Response To: Re: WTF happened to the hands? ()

Stefano
I wasn't suggesting that this watch model with orange hands wasn't correct - I think you mis-understood me. I was only trying to help you out, as I thought your watchmaker had switched hands - it happens that I was incorrect, I apologise for trying to be helpful.

Now I understand that you had the central chrono hand repainted orange. Personally, I think this was a bad move.. as the original unpainted hand had lovely faded orange that matched the dial. Did you know that the original Heuer orange paint is florescent?.. I presume the repainted hand is now not. To me, it's a shame, it should have been left as it was.. and some of the originality and character has been lost. But, as always that is just my humble opinion. You enjoy your watch any way you seem fit.

Stewart
- Heuerville

: My watch was born with these hands Stewart, you can see the pics
: before the service (and no service was done before). They just
: repainted (in orange, I'll show you tomorrow another pic with
: daylight) the chrono hand and fixed the white part in the hm
: hands. Anyway, my watch is not the only 11630t tachy white with
: these hands, I found another one identic.
: Bye

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE