The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 1st owners , where are you...? *PIC*
In Response To: 1st owners , where are you...? ()

: where are the heuer lovers who have remained faithfully to their
: heuer since the first day ?
: who have remained loyal to the watch, bought new at the time our
: treasures were laying in the stores?
:
: ..think I was 16 when I bought it from Wempe in Frankfurt.
: I am interested how many still exist......watches of corse :-)

This Carrera 7753NS has been mine from new in early 1970, when I was 21. This photo was taken about 20 years ago -- I have a lot less hair now, but still wear the watch.

I admit I haven't been truly faithfull. In 1982 I treated myself to a new Seamaster. Not a chronograph however, so sailboat race starts still had to be timed with the Carrera. Haven Series in the 1980s anyone? I was in Sigma 33 K4335. When going back to race cars in 1987, Timex were making something digital for £30 that had a 7 lap memory, so the Carrera was retired from circuit duty.

Mike

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE