The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Cheaper? Better? - how to tell what is wrong
In Response To: Re: Cheaper? Better? ()

: I'm not sure if it's better and cheaper...
: unless you like the fake movement, the wrong hands and so on.

: I am very happy with the "bard find", 100% genuine and
: not manipulated!
: And I find it cheaper than the fake you mentioned for comparison!

: Paolo

: :
Hi Paolo and everyone -

When people make references to fake movements, wrong hands, extreme polishing, etc. in their posts, what would be AWESOME would be if you can add a little more detail.
That would be incredibly helpful to those of us that are learning about Heuers and how to tell "right" from fake. So for example, when I see this post I wonder: what should the movement really look like? What about the hands? Is this polished, and if so, how can I tell?
Same for other things like: what is correct for this version of the watch? Which execution is this if there are multiple? How do I know what this execution should look like?

Certainly there is TONS of good info on this forum and key spots, but adding even another sentence or two to the quick posts would be a huge help for the rest of us learning, and I suspect for those people looking to buy these on eBay too (if they make it over to this forum)! I do go cross-check the other resources against what I read - I open a window for the eBay post, then go to vintageheuercarrera or OTD, and try to see if I can compare. But I'm not always sure I am correctly comparing or seeing what is wrong.

All the posts in this forum are a big help.
I appreciate it!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE