The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
FS: Early 80s Seemann Sub Titan 1000m Superpro (Nautilus)

I might regret putting this up for sale...

This is a great titanium dive watch (quartz) from the early 80s with a 1000m depthrating. Nautilus made the same model until they went out of business, and then German dive equipment supplier Seemann Sub bought up the left over cases and sold them with their own dials. I know of only two in existence in the collectors market, so this is genuinely rare (the Nautilus version pops up maybe once a year on eBay, and I reckon they made something like 5x or 10x more of those). The watch is basically in fantastic condition for the age, the only fault I can see is that the dial and hands are slightly misaligned, so the second hand doesn't align with the indices as it ticks along. I guess that is an easy fix. I just had a new battery installed but didn't get it sealed with a new gasket and checked for watertightness, so that would need doing if you wanted to use it in the water.

Measures 40.5mm across the bezel, and 45.5mm including the crown. It's very low profile for the depth rating at around 12nm. The fitted bracelet is stainless steel with a satin finish that matches the titanium well. No idea if it's original to the watch or not. It is pretty big so should fit most wrists, will measure if anyone wants to know. These look great on canvas straps too, search for Seemann Sub Titan 1000m on Google images to see the other one looking good on an olive drab NATO/Zulu.

Price is 950 euros plus postage. Bank transfer and Paypal gift preferred, but paypal OK if buyer adds 4% to help cover fees. Watch will ship from Germany.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Early 80s Seemann Sub Titan 1000m Superpro (Nautilus)
Re: FS: Early 80s Seemann Sub Titan 1000m Superpro (Nautilu
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE