The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
vintage Heuer Ref.2444

Hi All
I have 2 vintage Heuer Ref.2444 valjoux 72 identical but very differents in details Here what I noticed about this beautiful reference:
the first one on the right have a smaller Logo and bigger rigisters ,different hands ,differend chronograph second hands different logo stamped inside the case back ,different valjoux 72 ,Ed.Heuer&co is not writen on the bridge and the wheels of the movement is silver plated different as the usual valjoux 72 ,the other one have a bigger Logo on the top of the Dial ,smaller registers and the index on the Dial are different see index on 2,4,8,10 comparison to the left modell ,I don`t have any Idea why such a different on the details could be something transitional!or import/export product for some country ,this watch is about 35,5 cm but have the DNA for the Iconic modell Carrera and the Autavia big registers.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE