The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Added to OnTheDash – 1936 Heuer Catalog

Added to OnTheDash, this amazing catalog estimated to be from 1936.

I have posted some favorite pages below; you can see the entire catalog here – http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Catalogs/1936_Catalog/

A few points for our readers:

• You will notice that there are no three register chronographs . . . they are all two-register models
  • On page 3, we see a handheld chronograph marked for Pulsations; next to it is a handheld chronograph marked with Tachymeter scales
  • Notice the 15 ligne chronographs on page 9 . . . they are the Reference 351 and 358 (Flieger)
  • the 13 ligne chronographs are on page 10; most of them have single pushers . . . these are Reference 2403
  • Mikrograph, Microsplit, Semikrograph and Semicrosplit are all on Page 24
  • We see a Yacht Timer (with countdown) on Page 19
  • the dash-mounted Autavia is on Page 25, but it doesn’t have the “Autavia” name on the dial; notice the “Hervue” pair
  • Check out the timers for ski races, on page 26 . . . three different timepieces, for the officials at the start and at the finish of the race. So tell me, where can I find a set of these sets, in the box of course?
I know that others will find other interesting items in this catalog . . . so shout out what you see!!

Some of you may remember seeing this one sold on eBay. Yes, I was the lucky winner, at around $300, if I recall correctly. Then, it cost a little bit more than that to have the catalog restored, including getting some of the pages unglued . . . yes, several pages were stuck together in places (from a prior attempt to restore the catalog), and a gentleman who does a lot of work on old books and manuscripts did the restoration . . . slowly and carefully!!

Enjoy this one!!

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Added to OnTheDash – 1936 Heuer Catalog
Re: Added to OnTheDash – 1936 Heuer Catalog
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE