The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Latest Acquisition
In Response To: Latest Acquisition ()

Hi Dave,

congratulations! Although few people seem to appreciate the gold plated Carreras, I find them quite appropriate to wear on special occasions like wedding parties and the likes. Plus they are still half-way affordable.

Interestingly, my 73655 has a different hour counter (3/6/9/12) than yours (1-12). Also the Tachy ring is different (50-200 vs 60-500). Maybe one of our Carrera experts can explain if this is an indication for an earlier/later model? My serial number is 1942XX.

Funny enough, mine also came with the original Corfam strap in very good condition and the gold plated SUN buckle. Compared to the stainless steel versions the gold plated watches probably led a much less stressful life.

Enjoy your 73655!

Best regards,
Robert

: Hi guys I have just received my latest acquisition a beautiful
: 73655 CHT Carrera. It is a truly stunning example and looks to
: have been very lightly worn over the years. The case is in
: excellent condition with some light patina round the bezel and
: by the crown / pushers which I don't mind. The serial and model
: numbers still look sharp. The strap looks to be the original
: corfam which came with the watch with a gold plated Heuer sun
: buckle. I immediately took the corfam off to preserve it and put
: it on the Heuerville which I think looks ok. I am looking for
: some more information on this model i.e. production numbers etc
: and would love to see any others which are hiding out there.

Messages In This Thread

Latest Acquisition
Nice find!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE