The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: This watch...
In Response To: This watch... ()

I was online for this one, though I'm not the winning bidder. I thought this one might be flying under the radar, but no such luck. As John wrote, it went straight in at $4000 and climbed quickly from there.

There was a beautiful 806 Navitimer in the next lot that I had my eye on too. Again that rapidly increased to a price that I could not justify given what's currently available in the market (and that it was described as 'non working').

Interestingly a Rolex that was in the lot just before the GMT struggled to find a buyer and went for well under the guide price.

Greg

: ...was a topic of discussion at our "IndyTimekeepers' meeting
: last night in Indianapolis. Several members went to the auction
: and were amazed at the price. None of them were really Heueristi
: but they were fairly knowledgeable vintage watch nerds. Their
: assessment was that although it was in nice shape it was
: probably a $5,000.00 watch. They said the bidding started at
: $7,000 because of an online bid and quickly climbed to the sell
: price. They said the auctioneer made the comment that the watch
: went to a bidder in London.

: I guess you just never know how much good Heuer Autavias will go
: for these days.

: JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE