The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Agree -- NOS is a Separate Market

I agree! NOS is a completely different market than pre-owned.

I bid furiously on this watch but held back when the NOS factor affected the bidding. The price on this doubled in the last hour and it surpassed that of some Carrera's. When you now consider how rare mint condition Hamilton Chronos (and Tradition Stellaris') in true panda are.....we may have to start referring to these as "the other Pandas" instead of "Poor mans Heur's".

: Yes, these are great looking watches . . . as you describe . . .
: the Siffert color scheme, in a nice-sized watch.

: Another observation -- There really are two separate markets for
: collectors: NOS and everything else. There are many gradients of
: condition (mint / near mint / excellent) and there are types of
: restorations (original parts / service parts / etc.), but true
: NOS is a different item and receives a different valuation.

: In April 2011, I wrote this about NOS -- Definitions of “New Old
: Stock” and “Mint”

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE