The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Chrono24 will not take any responsibility

Chrono24 have what appears to be an excellent check out system. I tried it but sadly for me the whole thing is flawed.

I was after an equally desirable watch at a fair price. I proceeded to offer the list price via their "Trusted Checkout" system and the seller accepted my offer.
Too good to be true? I called Chrono24 who I believe are based in Germany and spoke to a lovely lady who tells me that all is in order and the sale is final.
The procedure is to wire the funds to Chrono24. When they receive the payment the inform the seller who then ships the item. The buyer informs Chrono24 when the item is received and has a 14 day cooling off period in which a return is possible. If all is well after 14 days the funds are released to the seller.

I proceeded to transfer the funds (pounds Sterling to Euro). That afternoon I get an email from the Chrono24 "Trusted Checkout" to say that the seller has cancelled the transaction. I immediately cancelled the transfer but my broker had already purchased the foreign currency. On the sale of the currency I lost out as one generally does so I was now out of pocket and deal cancelled.
My claim for compensation for the loss fell of deaf ears - no surprise there.

So be warned - the Chrono24 Trusted Checkout means nothing or certainly no guarantee you will ever get the watch.

It is clear that the seller is using Chrono24 for the exposure then make a private sale to avoid 14 to 21 days before getting paid (an any fees they may have to pay Chrono24). The buyer also pays a fee.
If we are talking about a Euro3,500 Camaro on GF bracelet or a UG Big Eye the sellers will be inundated with offers and you will never succeed through the Chrono24 route.
If it’s a modern timepiece of no particular rarity or desirability you may stand a chance.

So, good luck complaining to Chrono24. I hope you have more success than me.

regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE