The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This could be interesting...

Jeff

Everyone knows my feelings on many of TAG Heuers recent efforts at re-editions so I won't go over old ground...However I am very hopeful this time that we could end up with something much more "like it"!

I think the choice of watches is great, the YouTube video clip looks great, so it's over to TAG Heuer to make sure the "details" of the watch are matched as closely as possible...

For me to be impressed (I'm not sure that's relevant to TAG Heuer mind;)) the proportions of the case and dial need to be "right" to the eye and the detailing of the serif script, pushers, bezel too. I know "aged" lume is not everyones cup of tea but I think TH should consider using it as it's another "detail" that makes the overall design work or not. I have heard in the past that many reasons why some of the re-editions are not to my liking is due to movement constraints but I think most things can be overcome... and if a "jobs worth doling, it's worth doing well". If a case study was needed the JLC Deep Sea Alarm EU and USA would be the one.

If I was choosing a design from the 16 entries, I would go for a dial version that was not issued in the past, so the screw-back case with silver dial with two or three black subs or with black dial with three black subs (40mm maximum bezel diameter).

If they "hit the nail on the head" I'll buy one.

Cheers and good luck TAG Heuer!

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk
www.heuerpriceguide.com
www.vintageheuerautavia.com

: HUGE NEWS -- TAG Heuer will re-issue the Autavia in 2017

: HUGER NEWS -- we will select the model to be reissued . . . the
: collectors, customers, fans, anyone and everyone, through the
: Autavia Cup, a social media based competition.

: Information here --
: http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/autavia-cup-guide/

: Jeff

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE