The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia Cup Voting is Now Live!!

I don't really understand the voting preference for the C case ref, maybe the appeal is the black on silver dial? However it's a "free market" choice so the whatever they choose the public is always right! Maybe many of the voters have not experienced both in the flesh? Who knows...

On the dial design, not everyone loves the "Big Subs" and dauphine hand design as much as myself (and some of the core collectors). It's the first and most desired but like we see with Broad Arrow Speedies, perhaps it's an acquired taste. On a similar vein, I think more people tend to think the 2998 series is a better looking watch than the 2915. However it doesn't stop the Broad Arrow being the most desired and most valuable reference.

So long as the final choice is inside a screw back case I don't really mind which dial design wins, for me it's more about whether they get the details right. The lume, script, style of markers, pushers, may seem like small details but if they are conceived just ok or perfectly holds the key to whether the project is a success or not in my opinion.

Over the years TAG have had some close efforts, the 1133b Monaco, Silverstone and new PVD Monza had/have some real positives, but also some lack the cohesive design details that would make them really hit the spot.

R

: My favourite is the big sub 2446 Mark 1.
: So far it looks as though it may be knocked out in round 1.
: We need to all get behind this one! I don't think there's another
: watch on the market that looks this good.

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE