The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia Cup -- history of 2446NS

What a great game this is. I will go for the 2446 second execution Autavia.

Nice to see that the 2446C NS of which I was the very first owner in Europe -in fact I had it rebuilt after receiving the tech specs from TAG Heuer's Mathilde Tournois- has now finally been acknowledged as an original piece. What few of you know is that, while I was still uncertain about it's originality it was Jack heuer himself who- after assistance of Mathilde- confirmed by mail that it has been made around 1965-1968. He added that it may have been a one-off series but was not 100% sure.

Hope this adds to the history of this great piece. By the way, I sold the watch 1,5 years ago. In the end, I realised to prefer the first edition 2446 case watches to the 2446C'. No regrets yet but that may come over the years.

Best to all
Ron Henselmans

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE