The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good Morning, Shaun . . . and 2446C GMT Fans!!

Good morning, Shaun and all the other Autavia 2446C GMT enthusiasts!!

Mine (top photo) arrived on Friday, and after owning three or four of these, I can say that I finally have the right execution . . . an early one, with very low serial number, and the beautiful plain hands.

The lesson for me -- sometimes it's a matter of finding the execution that is right for your eye. The others that I owned previously had the hands with the red accents, and were just too busy, to my eye. This one, with the plain hands, is much softer, much calmer . . . a really pretty watch!!

Yes, it seems that the pushers have been replaced, but that can be addressed.

Quick and dirty photo in the Sunday morning sunlight . . . proper portraiture sometime soon!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE