The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I Hate to Disagree with Our Friends in Switzerland

Sadly most watch companies are not experts in their past. People (usually sellers) often wave around proof of a franken watch that they have a service receipt or similar that somehow serves as proof of a watch being correct. I often hear of people sending their watch to Rolex and because it was serviced they think that means the watch is 100% original and correct. Sadly that just isn't the case at all, collectors remain the best judges of what is reality and what is not. I do think it would be a good idea for these big watch companies to employ a real expert (or at least seek advice) but at present this isn't the case.

As Jeff says the dial is original but does not belong with the other parts and it is not a genuine Heuer.

R

: I hate to disagree with our friends in Switzerland, but this
: watch is a fake -- case, hands and movement, definitely not made
: by Heuer. Dial might be authentic, but that's all.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE