The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Introduction & Aftermarket BoR Bracelet/HLF links

Hi All

Long term lurker, this is my first post!

Having started my watch obsession and collection quite recently (about 2 years ago) I have just acquired one of my my grail watches and first vintage Heuer, an Autavia Viceroy 1163v, purchased via the excellent sales forum here – I’m a very happy bunny!!!

I was wondering if someone could help or possibly point me in the right direction....

Since acquiring the 1663v, I have been looking at the original GF bracelets with HLF links. I learnt quickly that these are pretty rare and therefore extremely expensive when you do come across one.

I currently have an excellent Beads of Rice bracelet purchased from the well known Yobokies (Seikoboy spelt backwards!), real name Harold Ng. Although these are great bracelets they only retail for under $50.

I approached Harold and asked if he had considered reproducing the HLF end links to fit to his bracelet and 1663 cases – he said he had always wanted to do this but needed a ‘beat up viceroy case’ to use as a template.

So, my question is, do you know how I could obtain a ‘beat up’ 1663v case (preferable with no movement or dial), that I could send to Harold?

If we can get him to reproduce HLF end links that fit his bracelet I’m hopefull this will benefit many of us out there that want the beads of rice bracelet look without the horrendous price tag

Many thanks
Kev

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE