The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Correct orientation of pusher caps

Was very distressed when i discovered a pusher cap had fallen off on my current fave watch after a nice trip on the road. Searched everywhere and couldnt find but finally found The cap n spring lodged inside my watchroll.

In order not to lose it i have tenporarily reinstalled it and applied blue loctite to the screw to prevent this happening again (this happened ro someone here on forum a couple years back from search i did)

Since i am going to be doing this loctite thing on pusher caps of all my watches i might as well get everything perfectly right. Which brings me to my question: what is the correct orientation for fluted pushers? Should the fluting or the flat top be facing up? I did a check of about 20 watches and found no statistically significant norm, some were even mismatched, but then i have no nos watches. So if anyone knows the correct orientation or whether there was none or this is being too anal😜.

Thanks and pic of flat top up orientation i have temporarily settled on for the casualty watch

Messages In This Thread

Correct orientation of pusher caps
NM: sori for double post. Refreshed my phone n it reposted
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE