The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: A Vintage Rare Classic Watch.......

: Paul - From a etiquette perspective, most people on this forum
: would frown on listing a watch as original, after learning that
: it may in fact be questionable as was pointed out after you
: inquired. Seems misleading to a buyer to list as such, if you
: understand that it likely is made of multiple pieces. Maybe
: something that just needs to be pointed out to you. As a
: collector/seller, reputation is important. Jeff

Jeff - I fully understood what you meant in your first but not so to the point comment, I don't struggle with recognising sarcasm, hence my "feel free to bid"
The listing accurately describes what is on offer and does NOT specify any part number.
The comment on what one person thinks it MAY be is not enough for me or should it be for anybody to think different to what they bought, or thought.
I took it to a jeweller in Wilmslow today who bid good money on it and added when I explained on one person thoughts on what it MAY be "what qualifies a random person on a forum to say something without absolute certainty on what HEUER did and didn't do"
Sorry Jeff but as you've probably guessed your advice on etiquette is laughable.
Sharpen your pencil next time.
Paul

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE