The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Vintage Heuer watch identification help needed

Paul,

The people on this forum share a deep knowledge about vintage Heuers and are passionate about this. You will not find better experts about vintage Heuers than those organized on this great forum. The dial of your watch is from an 1153 Carrera, early execution (as it has not the 1 to 12 numbering on the left hour counter on the dial).

It was probably a mistake to ask the experts about your watch. Now that you have the information, the ethos of the member of this forum would expect another behaviour.

If you find a buyer for this watch, I am sure that he will Post at some point on this forum to find out something about this 'unique' watch.

We see these 'Frankenwatches' being offered for sale from time to time and they are often offered as prototypes (look at the Monza offered on German Ebay for a while).

I stop here and everything has been said.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

The case and the hands are from a Carrera B
Barrel 110573 which is
: available in the blue (B) and fume version (F). The dial is in
: my opinion from a 1153 Carrera. The sub-dials at the Carrera
: Barrels are not round but in an ellipse form to emphasize the
: overall ellipse form of the case of the Carrera Barrel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE