The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 2543 differences
In Response To: 2543 differences ()

Be very careful of any watch which would be much more valuable just because it says Heuer on the dial or movement. Be very careful to note the types of discrepancies you have pointed out by yourself. Be very careful to look at the Heuer logo on the dials. Be very careful to look at the movement plates which say Heuer. Notice any differences between the look of the movement plates from the standpoint of patina and finish to the other plates. Look at the way the dial logo is applied and what it looks like compared to the standards you can see here in the OTD archives. Look at the differences in case types in the OTD Heuer catalog archives. If a watch is different in any way be suspicious...It may be a legitimate variant but it probably isn't.

Lots of Rolex people have been screwed when buying early Rolex chronos. Now it is Heuers. Where there is money to be made watchfakers will fake. When collectors get screwed some of them try to fob off their mistakes on other unsuspecting collectors.

If it doesn't look right...If the price seems too good to be true....If the seller is from some of the more disreputable places in the world...don't be tempted. You seem to be going about your search in the right way.

JohnCote

: I am trying to learn more about the 2543s, and was wondering if
: there is information on the different dial/hand combinations.

: For example,
: I see this copper dial, with what I thought were earlier hands
:
: http://www.farfo.com/vintage-wristwatches/heuer-early-2543-pre-carrera-vintage-triple-date-chronograph/

: And this early dial, but with gold sub-register hands (and the
: hands seem too short versus other 2543s I have seen across dial
: types..plus the dial seems completely off, though the seller
: implies is original.."almost NOS" whatever that means
: :) )
: https://www.horare.com/watches/1950s-heuer-triple-date-chrono-2543

: Are both of these correct variations?

: And were all of these 2543s 72C?

: (I have seen some examples thanks to OTD at
:
: http://onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/40s_50s_Triple_Calendar_Chrono/Reference_2543/Reference_2543_Early_Version/
: )

Messages In This Thread

2543 differences
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE