The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I subscribe - here's what irks me about auctions

Hi Jeff, you have my buy in for your "laissez faire" approach for the 2c that it may count itself.

Discussing auctions - of whatever kinds and platform, online or else, famous house or obscure seller on the bay - should be as free as possible IMHO.

What really annoyed me a lot the past was a really nasty case where an eBay item was brought up here for discussion, various contributors and members made their comments and one of the experts specifically was thrashing the item under consideration pointing out its many reputed flaws - some probably exaggerated but, hey, he was one of the leading experts, so how could we know better?
The item sold for a moderate amount, not cheap but a good deal. Then a few days later, lo and behold, the very same person came back here boasting about his new toy and how cool it was. Classy, wasn't it? It was more than 5 years ago but it still stings to me.

So after that, discussing ongoing auctions seems really gentlemanly behaviour in comparison...

Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE