The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I am satisfied with the current tack in this..

ok I think its my turn to add to this

this is the first time I have posted on this forum and I was surprised and a little offended by Davids response - how was i supposed to know whats in jest when it appears as a written word

this kind of comment puts new users off using forums like this and I thank Chuck for his intervention which puts my mind at ease and makes me think I will use this forum again

several of my friends have vintage heuers and they too are 'new' and may not know everything there is to know about them and require help from time to time - if I said to them that you get shot down to pieces for posting threads on this forum then none of them would use it and the whole thing just gets bigger!

as it is Davids comments were incorrect as I had searched the site but the watch he identified is not the same as it does not have a date! so in this case I was even more surprised with such a know all tone (which at best comes across as elitist - ie: only expert heuer collectors to post etc)

I am still looking for info on this manual autavia siffert WITH DATE so any CORRECT info would be appreciated

I thank Chuck for his help and restoring my confidence in people who use this forum and David thanks for the help - but admitting you were slightly in the wrong would be nice!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE