The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Here are my answers. my 2 cents too....
In Response To: Here are my answers... ()

:

: It's Been a While Since we Had a FlameWar
: Posted By: Jeff Stein Date: 8/9/05 15:50
: GMT
Whats a flame war?

: you know, it's been a while since we had a
: full-blown FlameWar, so I am just wondering:

: • Is it good sportsmanship to snipe?
: Opinions vary. It's not against the rules
: and is a valid method for maximizing one's
: chances of winning an auction at the lowest
: possible price.

**I agree with this. BUT I do not like it. There is no snipping at a real auction house.
But teck is everywhere. Think about this,
Children seem to all have cell phones/ Now parents do not get to see whos calling there kids. Who are there kids hanging with/ My grand parents used to say ,"dont tell me who you are. show me your freinds" someting like that. So I guess although I agree with the above I wish it where not going on.

: • Any ethical issues in putting together
: chronographs out of the old parts? Yes,
: there are. Don't do it to historically
: significant and/or rare pieces, don't
: misrepresent the watch should you decide to
: sell.

***Absolulely agree!!! I have done ths for myself to meny times and its just feels incorrect on my wrist.

There are times you can r&r a movement and use a click spring here and of there and its still the real deal. Or date rings . You can change them to English from a old part movement etc. So yes there are times you have to change somthing. But I always must keep the same era parts. Just this year My 1st heuer 7750 S.S. case would not keep a good running atonomy. It was the little tin spring that keeps the main spring wound. Well to repalce you have to buy the hole upper plate. and we know the new uppers are a bit differant then the 1st 7750s. so I used a old 17 J. 7750 upper tin spring for the same year movment as the part. NOt a new 25 j. movment part. You gotta od what ya gotta do.
But keep it honest!!! I keep records of this type of work when I die my wife can give full history on each watch and what was done to it with dates etc. Yes its in my hand , so it will be tuff to read but its there. and alot of it was documented when I could write.

: • Any views on the situation in Iraq? I
: sure wish that sealing off the Iraqi borders
: from Jordan and Syria had been part of the
: original plan. I'm looking forward when the
: Iraqi's are on their own feet again and we
: are mostly out of there.

***Here/ Here/ How ever it should be spelled.

: • Why so few chronos coming from South
: America in recent months? That is a good
: question. I don't know.

***Maybe running out of all the old stock cases and parts from all the garge sales in Switzerland!

: • Are Macs really better than PCs? More
: and more people seem to be
: thinking/saying/buying in that direction
: every day.

***I may even get one, Heck it seems heuers are a $100.00 cheaper on macs anyway. He he.

: • Is it OK for me to use ebay photos in the
: Gallery of Fakes without permission from the
: photographer? Unless the photographer
: posts/claims copyright for them on the
: auction listing in some manner it falls
: under fair use, just as an ad for a new
: TAG-Heuer (which doesn't have copyright
: notice on it.

Yes agreed!

: • Was Bill correct in saying that he did not
: have sex with Monica? Depends on what the
: meaning of "is" is. I don't think
: that anyone would contend he did not have
: sexual contact with her. If that is your
: definition of sex I don't know. But I
: imagine if he had similar contact with one's
: son, daughter or spouse one's
: definition/disposition might change.

***Yes /no He did, but shoot, he was in a tuff spot. Not the smartest move in his possition.
I never thought I would like to here him speak, but of late I trully enjoy hearing him speak.

: Just kidding, of course, but my way of
: thanking everyone for their continuing
: support of this Forum and OnTheDash, and
: applauding the high quality and civility
: that have characterized posts on this Forum.

: Jeff Just don't post any more pictures of
: Monica or her partner(s) or their spouse. I
: can't take it!

: -- Chuck

****Speaking of bad Photos , I have one I found on the net of a divers Omega In a spot that I cant post. You may of seen it your selfs.
and mostly there is to meny of us here who still cant post becuase where inept. I hope a Mac can fix that.
Thanks Guys
PS

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE