The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera

Hi
I've recently bought a carrera dial as I've been planning on doing a frakenwatch for my self to wear (Not sell). I hope to eventually get real parts for the whole watch but in the mean time I'll settle for lesser models. I've read the article on poor mans carreras so I know the watches to look out for. I was wondering which is the best watch to use as a doner? The Clebar, Traditional or Zodiac? The cases don't seem to look right so I also have the option to buy a tag carrera case. Would this take the older carrera dial and, say, zodiac movment?
The link is to show the dial type I have. It's identical apart from the red numbers. On mine they're all black
below is a bay item number for a possible cheap donor
5020896857 Kelik

What do you think.

BTW What movement does the carrera 45 take?

thanks in advance.

Jamie.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE