The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Early Post for Scanday : best of Summer *PIC*

It's a bit early for the scan day but I am away next week so I thought I'd submit now.

These were the two watches of the summer for me.

I'm not sure if I am going to be banned for 6 months for posting a photo of a casio on this forum (Chuck, please be lenient), but you have to admit, however waterproof your Autavia (or Seamaster or whatever) is, and however beat up it is, it does not makes sense to wear it when you are surfing or building sand castles. I think a g-shock is a better tool watch in those circumstances.

In contrast, what do you think of the new aquistion, from a fellow OtD guy via ebay? I love it, really delicate looking and a great contrast to the Autavias or 5100s or Monacos in my collection. I know alot of guys in the forum are allergic to gold watches, but I like it.

ps: Jeff, if you think it is worthy, I'd love to take some more photos of it for the galleries.
pps: I meant the Heuer, not the Casio, in case you were not sure ;-).

Messages In This Thread

Early Post for Scanday : best of Summer *PIC*
Re: Early Post for Scanday : best of Summer
Both are Beauties
One not need fear sanction for posting a G-Shock…
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE