The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: One Hot, Humid Summer Day Here in ATL

:
: Peter: one hot, humid summer day, here in
: Atlanta, Georgia, I came inside (where it
: was particularly cold) and noticed
: condensation under the crystal (of a
: relatively common, inexpensive chrono . . .
: Clebar, two-register, "poor man's"
: Carrera). The condensation disappeared
: within a few minutes . . . has not happened
: since . . . should I worry?

: Strange that this has happened only once, with
: many different chronos worn on many hot,
: humid summer days here in ATL?

: Thanks,

: Jeff

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
: Hi Jeff;
Sounds like a nice clebar. I love the simple ones alot. and those Clebars have such nice big sub dials for the most part.

I bet it got a little wet from washing your face or something, Just pull the crown and set it crown up under a light and it will be fine.
Unless You had it serviced , and this was the 1st time you wore it. Then there are other issues.
If Thats the case Pm me. I cant write all that story and dont want to get folks made if its a little watchmaker problem.

**** We are watch freaks. So I will add. That we love our watches, after waering them on a hot day and or after washing our hands, our watches love to be touched. take it off and wipe it down with the towel ( Cotton! Not the towels at gas stations , Most important if you have Plastic Xstals) Wipe the hole thing the back side and under the pushers too. We get so much sweet and salts in there you wouldnt belive it.
psb

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE