The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
If it were that difficult I couldn't do it.

Re the news is a bit of a downer. not bad..

Posted By: PSB-Accutime

Date: 8/16/05 06:34 GMT

Not That tuff I learned some lingo URL never new what it was.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

I belong to a ton of car sites and its real easy to post photos on those sites off my computer. I did get a host H.P. just for this site. But I wasted my time as I was incompatent.

The problem would be changing Chronocentric to operate like those sites you mention. Frankly, Derek was the brains behind the smooth technical operation of chronocentric. Without him changes are very problematic.

I did a search and saw on this site some very good directions on posting I just have to make it a to do list.

Figure out how to do it, and post some stuff. You are correct above... It's not that difficult once you get going. I knew nothing about HTML and hosting web pages when I started in 1996... I started on a Friday night and had a whole weekend free to figure it out... It only took me about two-three hours to get the bulk of my site up and I had the rest of the weekend free!

Boy after reading your replies to me I am just glad you could read what the Heck I wrote! Jeezzzzzzz. Oh well.

Hey...FWIW, English (grammar) was never my best subject in Jr/High School/College, in fact it was one of my worst. Your writing will improve the more you write. At some point decent grammar and spelling will become more important to you than blind speed and your replies will improve, especially with repetition. It did with me.

NOw that 156 in tit. any of the crew seen the Fortis its new for 05 only 2000 made L. 5100 big , bezel. I have the hots for one again.

Now I know MrHy. Swatch Group was going to discontinue them But invested agreat amount of $ and updated the equepment for the 5100. and has in this year relested a new batch of our old faverit Movements. BUt maybe there not going to relese anymore? Or does anybody know that there are for sure all gone for ever. ( well as for sure as we can with the Swiss Cartell)

Sinn supposedly got the last 500 movements that Swatch was going to produce with which they made a special 500 unit special edition... Tutima hasn't switched their promotional materials from touting 5100's to 7750's like all the other producers (Review Thommen, Bell & Ross, Fortis, Sinn, etc.) have, which leads me to believe that when the 5100 got it's reprieve a couple of years back they stocked up on 5100 ebauches and are able to continue production for the time being. The rumor is that Tutima also has a contract with either NATO or the German Military to continue production of "NATO chronographs" which might have some bearing on Tutima's seeming ability to continue to offer 5100's.

That means that parts for are 5100s are going to be more difficult to get. Dang.

I don't think so, at least not in the short/mid term. The 5100 was in production for 30 years+. I think it will be a while before we are scrounging for parts.

Thanks for the info

PS Guys with Sinn contacts. we could get some beat 5100s and give them up for a tit.156

I can come up with 2 that need good cases.

And a FWIW... SwatchGroup is only ceasing sales of the 5100 to non-Swatch firms. I am sure they are retaining the tooling in storage and could resume production if needed and or desired in the future. In fact I suspect if any of the Swatch firms really wanted to produce a 5100 based watch, I'm sure production could be resumed toot sweet. That's looking at the positive side of speculation, the negative side is that no Swatch firm has seemed to have any interest in the 5100 for the past 5-8 years, Hyaek & Co. seem to wish to relegate Lemania to "ebauché maker for Moonwatches and Bruget" and nothing else... Which I think is nigh criminal as Lemania is an excellent and accomplished firm in the design and crafting of chronograph ebauches and frankly I'd take the worst Lemania movement over the best F. Piguet can muster any day of the week and trice on Sunday. (You're blocking Chuck... Tell us how you really feel!)...

If you see a 5100 you think you might want in the future, I wouldn't be shy in my bidding!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE