The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sadly, These Anniversaries are Not Really for Us

I wrote about this, in the last few paragraphs of my posting, a couple of months ago -- http://www.onthedash.com/thoughts-on-50th-anniversary-monacos/

These anniversaries and birthdays are not really for the vintage collectors and enthusiasts. They are media events, in which the brand seeks to get coverage for the models in the current catalog. If this attracts a new generation of enthusiasts, then it's "mission accomplished" for the brand. And if TAG Heuer introduces a couple of models that some of the vintage guys may like, that is "gravy". We are simply not the target market for this brand or any other brand.

Personally -- I'm looking forward to seeing the Monaco Heuer 02. This movement runs well, handles well and provides the 12-hour recorder that we like to see. All this, in a watch that has the same basic looks / configuration as the one that McQueen wore, back at Le Mans.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: ...and from Jon Bues

: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-tag-heuer-monaco-caliber-12-final-edition

: interesting introduction,

: "In case you somehow missed it, 2019 has been a very
: big year for watch anniversaries,
: and one of the absolute biggest has been the 50th anniversary of
: the Heuer Monaco."

: I didn't expected an 50th anniversary like Omega and the moon
: watch, but the effords of TAG Heuer
: for their heritage of the Monaco and the other dude with cal 11
: from 1969 , I seemed to have missed.

: yes, I picked up the information that McQueen may have liked the
: Monaco, but that wasn't what I heard before....

: cheers
: Mich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE