The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Goldfinger *PIC*
In Response To: Proud to Say ()

There was a thread a few days ago about gold Heuers...I'm one of the rare people who quite likes a few gold watches. I even have the gold 11063V Autavia and that is very. . .err. . . very . . gold.

Anyway, to get to the point, I think I can comment on the gold Montreal: I am 99% sure that the gold model should be with a gold bezel. Here is a wrecked gold model I bought and I used for the movement & hands in a project (outcome on the right). I dont think you fake a watch in the condition of the gold one...it has to be original.

I have seen three gold montreals sell on ebay in the last year or so, and all had gold bezels. I know ebay is not the reference, but, you get my point. I have stored the photos for info if anyone wants to see.

Once we are on Montreals, in terms of my "reconstructed" 110.503N model in the photo, Jeff, I think you originally said Heuer did not produce the combination shown in the main photo, but I am pretty sure that they did, as you have it in the master ref table, and it is also implied by page 20 of the 1974 Chrono Catalog (link below). I would say the photo is the correct dial/bezel/hand/case combination (even if I am first to admit it is a "put together")... do people agree?

Also..IMO, I think it should be white dial, white bezel, but that is mainly because it "feels right" but I'm not sure that is considered hard evidence. I have seen three white/white on ebay last couple of years. Also one or two on dealer sites, but that may correspond to one or two unique watches only.

PS: my homepage seems really sloooooooooow to load at the moment, so sorry about that, usually it is OK, but you may have to be patient.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE