The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Non working Lejour

Hello,
Just received a NOS lejour chrono from ebay and it's not working.I did have the second hand going for a about 30 secs by using the top chrono button but when i stopped and reset it, it wouldn't start again.
The watch is an 80's model and I'm the first owner so I guess it could use a service right?
The symptoms are...
1.I can hear the auto movement whirring when i move the watch
2.When I wind the watch there is some tension but this never increases or stops the crown from winding.(This is a bad sign I'm thinking)
3. I can change the time and date without any problems.
4.I did have the second hand chrono working as mentioned above. (This is a good sign I'm thinking)

The watch was described as working perfectly but I noticed when it arrived that it showed the same time and date as it did in the photo's from ebay.

What I really need to know is, is this normal for a 25+year old NOS watch to behave and will a simple service sort it out and how much is a general service?
Perhaps the watch is magnetised as it's just been on a flight??? Clutching at straws here I think.
Or, from the symptoms described, does it sound more serious.
I don't really want to send the watch back to Switzerland from Canada but if it's a major fix I will.

Also, can anyone recommend a good chrono guy/gal who knows 7750's etc in Toronto please.

This is a Heuer passadena like watch with a screw in crown.

Many thanks in advance.

Jim Stewart

Messages In This Thread

Non working Lejour
Re: Non working Lejour
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE