The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I can't confirm or eliminate the possibility...
In Response To: But Chuck..................... ()

Ok, here is ALEX's picture:

I think we can eliminate all Autavia's save those with black and black/dark gray subdials with a c.11 and c.12:

Autavia

Case Ref.
Model Ref.
Description
Dial Colors
Movt.
Crystal
Registers/Date
Catalog Dates
Price New

MH

Black/Black

M
two/12 hrs
72, 74, 77, 78, 81, 82, 85

78-$439 72-$275, 85-980DM

Diver

Diver 100

Black/Black

M
two/12 hrs

P (diver)

Diver 100; round luminous markers; mercedes hour hand

Black/ Black

M
two/12 hrs
c84

MH

Black case; case otherwise identical to 11063 case (including numbers between lugs); matching steel bracelet

Black/Dark Gray

M
two/12 hrs.

85-1050DM

Notes: Model Ref. -- M: bezel marked for Minutes, H: bezel marked for Hours, MH: bezel marked for both Minutes and Hours, T:bezel Tachymeter bezel. Registers/Date: shows number of registers and maximum time recorded; shows when date is included on manual wind models (All automatics: Calibre's 11, 12, 14,15, have date), The first GMT Auto is actually a modified c.11 movement, later on the c.14 evolved from the faster beat c.12 and this modified c.11.... Crystal -- Plastic or Mineral. Catalog Dates -- dates refer to catalogs or brochures, unless with 'c' before the year (c74 means circa 1974, for example...).

These tables were compiled by and are the property of Bruce Mackie, Hans Schrag, Chuck Maddox and Jeff Stein (OnTheDash); Unauthorized use is prohibited. Contact Jeff Stein for information about authorized uses. Copyright Đ 2003-2005 by the above. Last Updated: 2003.05.16.09.58.55 - CM3

Which leaves these four. However, I'd like to point out that these tables are only as complete as the catalogs and ad's we (Jeff, Bruce, Hans and myself) have. If a watch is listed on the table, we have catalogs showing it was offered by Heuer. It is very possible, considering the spotty nature of our libraries, that it this watch was offered with not only a MH and Diver's bezel, but also Tachymetre bezel, as these tables aren't "exclusionary" in nature, only only confirming what we know was offered. We know that most Micro-Rotor Autavias (save for the PVD coated models) were offered with both MH and T bezels, it'd seem unlikely that this one wasn't offered specifically or available as a special order item.

But, I don't personally know. Autavia's aren't exactly my strongest suit, and the tables were based on research between Bruce and Jeff with Hans and myself providing proofreading and me doing the Excel to HTML conversion and HTML presentation (which Jeff has been helping with the upkeep).

With our limited library of catalogs and ad's there is no way I feel comfortable concluding that this Autavia wasn't offered with a Tachy bezel, although I do not possess anything (without a lot of searching) that would confirm that it definately was.

Sorry I can't be more decisive on this, but that is the nature of our knowledge on the topic.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE