The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Siffert Autavia, 1163V 339xxx, again....

Siffert Autavia, 1163V 339xxx

Hi all,

Hope everyone's enjoying a good Christmas break :-)

Back at the end of October, Ed posted a question as to whether the above could ever be a legitimate factory spec.
Obviously the answer was a resounding no.

I was happy to pick up said Autavia, with an appropriate discount applied for the 'V' case and high serial number.

Never having seen such a high serial'd 1163 it sent me down a path of googling and cross-referencing all over the place.
I've only managed to find 3 Autavias in that range; 1 x Viceroy for sale by BdV a few years back, 1 x Cal 15 Skipper (on the OTD skipper page), and of course the Siffert I just picked up.

Anyone seen any others at all?
Were 339xxx Autavias ever sold as factory builds or could it be that these cases have been issued/reserved only for service replacement etc.?

I'm happy, for now, to accept that mine is in a later case than it was born with and if a nice none 'V' case in the correct range turns up I'll maybe switch them, however it would be interesting to see if there are any other 339xxx club members out there :-)

Cheers for now,
AndyO...

p.s. A long, long time ago I asked Arno H if Sifferts ever legitimately existed in 'V' cases and the answer was yes - much earlier serial numbers of course.
I came across a few and it's likely others did too but I guess they were all eventually switched to none 'V' cases to keep their 'correctness' and value.
Here is his response -
http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=27259

Messages In This Thread

Siffert Autavia, 1163V 339xxx, again....
Re: Siffert Autavia, 1163V 339xxx, again....
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE