The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Very unhappy with first purchase from forum

I purchased an Autavia from one of the most prolific and critical members of this forum who had recently criticised one of my Ebay purchases and emailed me that he had a "Perfect authentic condition" version of the same model.
I asked for more details and was told the watch had been recently serviced so at 1000 Euros seemed expensive, but fully serviced and from a genuine source seemed ok.
Unfortunately the watch turned out to be neither perfect not authentic so I complained and reluctantly accepted 50 Euros back after much haggling. The alternative being a refund less 50 euros "restocking fee", shipping both ways and pay pal fees. So I would have been around 150 Euros down on a misdescribed watch!!!!!!!! I've now found out, after taking the watch to a BHI watcmaker (it was losing time) that it shows no signs of ever being serviced. The movement is completely dry. Also the movement has been removed at some time but badly refitted with bent clamps and burred screws. I'm no expert on vintage watches. This was only my second purchase so I went by this sellers description. The seller is now dodging the service issue saying it was checked over to make sure it was working. Surely this can't be described as a service!Didn't they notice the watch needed oiling!
Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated as I feel I did not get a fair deal.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE