The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My First Reaction -- Refinished / Repurposed Dial?

My first reaction is that this dial has been refinished. Compare the original version with the dial on your watch, and we see a lot of differences.

Most obvious is the fact that the blue accents are missing, to the outside of the hour markers.

But look at the applied markers, and you will see that the construction is very different than the ones we see on the original dials. Which left me wondering whether someone might have taken a dial from an "Economy" model, and made it into an Autavia dial. Maybe from something like the Reference 73323 SN shown at the bottom of this posting. Uncertain about this theory.

In any event, thanks for posting and we will look forward to seeing some additional photos when you receive the watch.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE