The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Posting re "Shauntavia" on Instagram

Thanks for sharing Jeff!

Gianluca also commented on my instagram post (@wristicons) with some info that can be also read on OTD and in old posts. I always sincerely love it when people help each other out and really add value to the community by discussing details! That is the fun part of our hobby and yes it's also my business.

I did not state all info about all the variations of the reference 73663 in my post to keep it a bit shorter. I only stated "The dials were in 3 versions, a panda, reverse panda and all black' , and that has been I afraid a bit too short and for some over-simplified. The descriptions on my website will stay there as a further reference. Anyhow talking to Gianluca and discussing it I decided to add his insta comments at my description.
If something is not correct, or worth mentioning, please let me know.
I always try to do my best with the fullest descriptions and make the nicest pictures out there.

IMHO the Shauntavia is one of the best Autavias out there. Really fell in love with it while handling it in the metal. I simply fell in love with it while taking the pictures. So much classic, combined with funky 70s details, a lot of layers and on top of that military provenance. Made me think about a list of the best milwatches out there. This one will certainly reach my personal milwatch top 5. consisting of

1-Breguet type XX
2-Iwc Ocean Bund
3-Heuer shauntavia
4-Blancpain Fifty Fathoms
5-Tudor Mn

Some of the more obvious ones (Milsub, Seamaster300) are not in it. Why, because they are known by everyone and imho less interesting.

Greetings from Lalaland=Amsterdam Mark 020 ;-)

PS
Considering my prices i think they reflect well the rarity and condition of this watch. It's not cheap but imho its not overpriced. Look at another one on C24 for instance which is way more expensive at €18.754 (i think a double grain ain't worth €6254). I strive to get the best watches out there, what takes a lot of time and effort. I describe these watches into detail and take pictures of them as good as possible. I am a dealer so i have to pay fees, VAT, interest, rent, insurance, shipping, etc, have a family to feed and last but not least will give you as a collector one year guarantee (no BS it will stick to you to the end) if you buy at wristicons.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE