The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer 983.015 mid-size diver

Dear forum

It’s great to be here !!
I am a first timer here in this incredible forum !:-)

I may have made a small mistake which I’ll share. Small being the word.
After having seen a few pictures of the ref 983.015 black coral
Mid size diver on line I went ahead and brought it for myself. And it’s on its merry way to me.
Amazingly enough I didn’t give much thought to size and just assumed mid size would be a fine size.
Then I began to realize —- 32mm case —- 36.5mm with crown. Oh no!!
Deeply annoyed with myself for buying a watch Might be too small,
Ive consoled myself with these facts:

-in general Vintage watches are smaller than modern watches.
-I have a tiny 6inch wrist that according to some sources suits a 32mm case.
-tagheuer produced the colored f1 quartz series that had men’s versions in similar dimensions.
-it isn’t as small as the ladies model.
-it may not look too bad.

Unfortunately I have never seen a picture of a wrist with this watch on so I can’t really
Confirm my worry completely. (Any pictures out there are please welcome:-)

If there are any members out there that could share their opinions on these mid sized watches and whether
they’d suit a small 6 inch wrist - I’d love to hear from you,

Warmest regards and feeling rather potentially stupid.
Duncan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE