The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Absolutely Incredible!!
In Response To: Absolutely Incredible!! ()

: Absolutely incredible to see all these dashboard timers and
: related parts!! Some very rare and interesting items in there.

: So are you able to handle the repairs / overhauls / servicing
: yourself? Self-taught or trained in watchmaking?

: It's great to have someone in the community focused on these
: dashboard timers. The market for them is thin, but requests for
: them come in occasionally, often to complete the car
: restoration.

: Thanks for this wonderful contribution to our community and our
: forum.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Its nice to be able to share them with likeminded folks - yeah a few rare gems have popped up in these hauls!

All self taught over the period of 7 years or so - started by doing the cheaper Heuer stopwatches, then graduated to the dash timers and wristwatches - buying up quality old tool as I go! It's a hobby currently, but its almost run like a business - I mainly advertise on certain auto forums and sell at reasonable prices - so when Ive finished a set, its usually not around long. I would love for horology/watch restoration to be a full time job and who knows, with this current upheaval I might end up doing more!

Its great to contribute; OTD has helped a lot as a reference for identification - big thanks for the site, Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE