The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: New Website -- Heuer Journey
In Response To: New Website -- Heuer Journey ()

Hi everyone - I wanted to jump in and introduce myself. And first off a HUGE thanks to Jeff for all the amazing work he does and for the very kind intro to my little project.

So where to start? Well as it looks like you guys have discovered, my name is Eddie, I’m 46 and I’m an American living in England. I’m originally from Texas and lived in California for many years until I was transferred to London for work in 2000. So I’ve been here about 20 years now and have moved from London to a small village with my wife and daughter. I work in IT and run a small software company here that works with universities and publishers - mostly in the UK.

In terms of watch collecting, I started collecting vintage Seikos about 5 years ago - which inevitably led to my first Omega Speedmaster (I expect that may be common). And from there (as I’m sure you all know), the bug had bitten. Hard ! For the last 4 years or so I suppose I’ve done the textbook journey of Omega Speedmasters, Seamasters and lots of ‘attempts’ at a Rolex I would feel a connection with. Along the way I’ve tinkered in JLC, IWC and even some smaller brands like Ressence and FP Journe.

Then over Christmas this year I decided that aside from my Omega Speedmaster, I really felt no real connection to my watches - nor had I really connected with any of the watch communities my collection attracted. So I decided to basically liquidate everything and bought a watch I had always wanted - a TAG Heuer Monaco re-issue. I fell in love immediately and decided to finally take the plunge into my very first vintage piece.

And that’s where the ‘Heuer Journey’ thing kinda began. After purchasing a Carrera 1153 from the amazing Jonathan Scatchard over at ‘Vintage Heuer’ in the UK, I just felt kinda inspired and thought it may be cool to share what a total Heuer newbie is learning about the hobby in real-time.

I’m only into month three - but man oh man, this vintage Heuer thing is SO addictive. I have 7 pieces at present (the Carrera 1153, a 1163 MH, Camaro 7743N, a Montreal, a 741, a 11630 MH, and my personal favourite - a 741.603 GMT that I purchased from Jonathan at VH of course).

So yeah, I’ve gone a bit crazy - but I’m absolutely loving it - and just enjoy writing a blog post once or twice a week about it. Not at all sure where it will go or what the plan here is - but always open to any suggestions or thoughts anyone has?

Besides the blog - one of the most amazing aspects of collecting vintage Heuer I have found thusfar is just how wonderful and welcoming the community has been. From Instagram to people just contacting me through the site - I honestly feel I have made so many friends already. It’s funny as I don’t think I ever really made connections in the Rolex or Omega circles - certainly not to this level!

Anyway, sorry for the rambling background - but just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for including me in this amazing hobby and community !! Would always love to chat and connect if anyone wants to get in touch !!

Best regards,

-Eddie
eddie@heuerjourney.com

Messages In This Thread

New Website -- Heuer Journey
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE