The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My personal Heuer grail list....
In Response To: Grail or non Grail? *LINK* ()

Some really interesting quirks in your list Shaun-I’m enjoying the off-piste ideas!

Having given it a lot of thought, here is my own personal Heuer ‘grail’ list…which I’ve skimmed down to a mere 6 pieces! (in no particular order)

1. 4th Execution Autavia 2446- You don’t see many of these and while I love the RIndt greatly, this is just a little bit special.

Photo taken from onthedash.com

2. Chronomatic Carrera 1153N- I’m a big fan of the 1153N and so the very ‘scarce’ Chronomatci version is a no-brainer for me. I don’t consider them totally unobtainable….everything has a price, right?

Photo by Rich Crosthwaite

3. Camaro 7743 ‘Champion’ dial- Ok, the Champion dial Camaros are great anyway, but this silver dial contrasting the Champion logo is something else!

Photo by VintageHeuer.com

4. Camaro 7843S- I thought long and hard about including the 7220SN or the 7228, but they are too obvious to me and being a little contrary, I would probably prefer the dato ‘panda’ instead-the 7843S. Monochrome, well-balanced dial , distinctive…what’s not to love?

Photo by rarebirds.de

5. Carrera 1153BN- blue dial, orange features, top it off with a decimal bezel-fantastic! I loved this from day one and let one go some years back when I could have afforded it. A regret I have to live with. These are so striking!

Photo taken from onthedash.com

6. Heuer 1000 auto diver 980.005- OK, originals of these are very scarce and often the pinnacle of a Heuer diver-fan’s search. There are many put-together in various guises which dilutes the fact. However, the real thing is the real thing-‘Swiss Made’ and 980.005 on the caseback-end of. (I did consider the ‘Monnin’ 844 also, however they are available to buy on a daily basis….at one price or another!)

Photo from Fortuna Auctions

I would finally add that condition is hugely important also. Only pieces in A1 condition would actually make it a 'grail' for me.

Touching on the general Heuer grail list….no 3646….? I’m sure there’s a reason for it, but I was surprised not to see it in there.

Thanks for looking!

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE