The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Not Sure Whether Refinished; Would be Surprised

I'm doubtful that the dial has been refinished, but I'll try to look at some other samples, to see how it compares. One problem, of course, is that we have seen very few samples of these watches.

I guess that one of the things about online sales is that the prospective purchasers don't get to inspect the watch in the metal. It would be an awful thing to pay $13,750 for this watch, and then open the box to see a refinished dial.

Who knows . . . maybe we will hear from the winner of this watch.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Do we think this dial is factory original? I am not saying it is
: not but I a a little suspicious. If it has been redone it was
: done a long time ago and done very well but the red Tele chapter
: is certainly not perfectly done.

: It is a beautiful watch no matter what.

: JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE