The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Well done

Hi Jeff, thanks for sharing. Since then, I've also got the official TH email in my inbox.
First quick assessment: I like it - the black dialled one.
Mostly right and good quality / price ratio - in the range of its rivals which most likely don a lesser movement.

I think it has the right mix of new items and nods to its glorious past.
What I like: (most of) the dial, the concentric rings on the chrono subdials, the one-of-a-kind finish on the main dial, the striped hands, the brushed finish of the case and bracelet, the shape of the pushers, the etched ceramic bezel and 60s-like bracelet. And of course the fantastic movement it houses!
What I am neutral on: the date - would've been better without but subtle enough not to be a sore thumb.
What I don't like: the transparent case back (but that's likely a pet peeve of mine, it seems to be the default nowadays) and especially that script on the edge of the dial at the bottom about movement and power reserve (!).
The latter especially they could have done without, it does spoil the dial a bit overall. Put that information with the waterproof depth, the fact it's stainless steel and all this blah blah on a nice solid caseback and we've got two birds with a stone!

For the other dial colours: not as much a fan, but it's nice for buyers to be given choice

Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE