The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bring a Trailer -- Dashboard Pair Sold for $11,250

I don't know much about the "Bring a Trailer" auction platform, but it may be time to try to figure it out.

The dashboard pair shown below (Monte Carlo and Super Autavia) sold today for $11,250. Here's a link to the auction -- https://bringatrailer.com/listing/tag-heuer-super-autavia/. And here's the Bring a Trailer website -- https://bringatrailer.com/about/

While rally driver and their navigators could put together any combination of timers that they preferred, it's interesting that many collectors would not consider the pair sold on Bring a Trailer to be a proper pair. The classic pair was the "Rally Master" -- a Master Time clock and a Monte Carlo 12-hour stopwatch. The Super Autavia is rarely seen on the dashboard of a race or rally car, because it lacks the instant legibility of the other models. Still, the Super Autavia is a true chronograph (combining time of day clock and a 30-minute stopwatch) and is the most expensive of the Heuer dashboard timers. While the Bring a Trailer auction was running, a couple of people asked me what the pair was worth, and I said around $4,500. Oh well, so much for my having a finger on the pulse of the market.

See all the Heuer dashboard timers on the OnTheDash website.

I have know idea whether this result was a anomaly or whether things regularly achieve these sorts of premiums in their auctions.

Anyone know more about this? Anyone want to buy some dashboard timers?

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Bring a Trailer -- Dashboard Pair Sold for $11,250
Re: Bring a Trailer -- Dashbaord Pair Sold for $11,250
Re: Bring a Trailer -- Dashbaord Pair Sold for $11,250
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE